At Seattle Vacation Home, we are taking the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis seriously and doing our best to be a good neighbor, host, employer and citizen at this time. We have received confirmation from the Office of the Governor of Washington that we provide an essential service, and we are moving forward with diligence and care.
Seattle Vacation Home is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by providing clean and convenient accommodations for those needing safe and healthy lodging as a result of this event. This includes healthcare professionals isolating from family or wanting to be closer to hospitals, relief workers, first responders, displaced students, underhoused individuals and families, neighbors requiring quarantine separately from their household, and others.
“If you or someone you know requires housing due to COVID-19, please let us know
so that we can organize safe lodging at low to no cost, depending on ability to pay.”
We have put specific measures in place to support various stakeholders.
For our employees:
- We are maintaining our pre-crisis employment levels
- We are continuing to offer full healthcare benefits for employees
- We are providing our field crew with the products and tools needed to work safely
- We have implemented a work-from-home model for all office-based team members
For our community:
- We have provided free or well-below-cost housing for:
- Displaced students
- Healthcare workers
- University of Washington Medicine
- State Department families called back from their postings
***If you are acquainted with anyone who falls into any of these categories, or similar, and requires housing, please
send them our way and we can provide them housing priced on their ability to pay, including without charge***
For the City of Seattle and King County:
- We have offered free housing to:
- City of Seattle
- King County
- Seattle Police Department
- Seattle Fire Department
For our guests:
- Our cleaning crew is well-versed and trained in proper protocols to ensure safe and healthy homes
- They use CDC and EPA approved products and techniques for cleaning homes during this time.
- They are doing so in a manner that safeguards their health and safety, as well as the wellbeing of the guests who arrive after their cleaning.
- Guests who need to cancel travel should review cancellation terms from their rental agreements and are also encouraged to consult their travel insurer in the event they chose to protect their trip. Guests who made a non-refundable booking and did not protect their travel plans with insurance are offered review on a case-by-case basis, and at Seattle Vacation Home’s discretion may be offered re-accommodation more generous than what is required by our rental agreement.