Terms and Conditions
Seattle Vacation Home offers high-end homes in a residential community populated by families and working professionals. As a result, we expect our guests to behave in a way that respects our property and our neighbors. We encourage all renters to consider the purpose of their travel and the nature of their group. Carefully consider our expectations, especially those concerning noise, smoking, occupancy limits, property damage, security deposit, and cleanliness.
PAYMENT TERMS: Unless otherwise agreed, payment, including security deposit, is due in its entirety at the time of reservation. Unless a payment has been received and accepted by Seattle Vacation Home, we will not consider the lease valid and may rent the property to another party.
REQUIRED AGREEMENT: A signed rental Agreement is also due at the time of reservation. Unless a signed Agreement has been received and accepted by Seattle Vacation Home, we will not consider the lease valid and may rent the property to another party.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: Security deposit is due at the time of reservation. Seattle Vacation Home, entirely at its own discretion, is entitled to withhold funds from the Security Deposit to reimburse for damages to fixtures, furnishings, housewares, appliances, structures or other property. Funds may also be withheld to compensate for excess cleaning expenses. In the event that the funds in the Security Deposit are insufficient to recompense damages, we reserve the right to collect additional funds from Guest. Seattle Vacation Home will return the Security Deposit (minus any funds owed for damage) within 7 business days of the departure of the Guest.
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Unless otherwise set by the platform on which the rental was booked (VRBO, booking.com, etc.), our policy is that all accepted reservations are non-refundable for any reason. Guests shall bear the financial burden of their changing travel plans regardless of reason, including but not limited to death in the family, unforeseen work demands, illness of traveling party member, cancelation of wedding they had planned to attend, foul weather, canceled or delayed flights, family emergency, act of God, etc. All of the above applies to shortened stays in addition to canceled stays.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Rental Agreement will specify the maximum occupancy of homes, which is inclusive of children of all ages. Unless specifically permitted with an explicit contract, our homes are not intended to be used to host parties or other social gatherings beyond the listed inhabitants. The only permitted occupants of the home, at any time, are those listed by name in the Rental Agreement. Additional guests are not permitted to enter the home at any time, except by express written consent of Seattle Vacation Home.
SMOKING: No smoking of any kind (including but not limited to tobacco, marijuana, and hookah) is allowed anywhere on the property, including any outside decks, patios, yards, staircases, or walkways. No tobacco products of any kind are to be used in the house, including but not limited to smokeless tobacco, pipes, chewing tobacco, or “dip.” Electronic cigarettes are not to be used in the home. The use of incense and candles is strictly prohibited.
Evidence of smoking on the Property (including but not limited to cigarette butts found outside) will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid. It will also result in substantial professional cleaning service costs to clean and fumigate the house, as well as other potential costs, which will be deducted from the security deposit and/or collected as an additional payment
PETS: No animals or pets may be brought onto the premises.
FIREARMS: No firearms shall be allowed on the premises.
FIREWORKS/HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guest agrees that fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- SUBLET: The Guest shall not sublet the property or any portion thereof.
- END OF OCCUPANCY: Unless an extension is granted in writing by Seattle Vacation Home, the Guest shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this Agreement. The Guest waives all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period.
- TRANSIENT USE: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guest does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES: Guest shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. is strictly prohibited
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
- PERSONAL INJURY/PROPERTY DAMAGE: The Guest and their visitors shall indemnify and hold harmless Seattle Vacation Home against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss.
- INSURANCE: Guest expressly recognizes that any insurance for property damage or loss which Seattle Vacation Home may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guest, and that Guest should purchase their own insurance for Guest and their visitors if such coverage is desired.
- ALCOHOL: Guest agrees that no one under the age of 21 shall consume alcohol on the property.
- GAS APPLIANCES: Guest is advised that the property may contain a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, and/or other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understoo Guests may find a gas/propane barbecue at the home. The barbecue shall be operated by a responsible adult and shall never be left unattende Do not use the barbecue close to the building or under an overhang.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The property has a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. It is the duty of the guest to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
- FIRE ALARMS: The property has smoke alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if a fire alarm exhibits a low battery condition.
- CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS: The property has carbon monoxide alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if a carbon monoxide alarm exhibits a low battery condition.
- FIRST AID KIT: The property is equipped with a small, basic home first aid kit. Guest will notify management if any portion of the kit is used, so that it can be replenished as needed for subsequent guests.
- SECURITY: Guest shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, and garage doors, etc. Guest shall take care to lock all doors and close the garage door when leaving the property.
- LEFT PROPERTY: Valuable items left behind by Guest will be held for the Guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of Seattle Vacation Home. Seattle Vacation Home shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
RIGHT TO ENTER: Seattle Vacation Home shall have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce these Terms and Conditions. Should the Guest violate any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. Seattle Vacation Home shall have the right to enter the premises at any time in order to complete urgent repairs or maintenance. Seattle Vacation Home shall also have the right to enter the premises between the hours of 9am and 9pm, for the purposes of showing the home to potential future Guests, non-emergency repairs or maintenance, or for other business purposes.
EXCESS CLEANING: The Guest shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition throughout the duration of the stay. Upon departure, the premises should be reasonably neat and clean. In the event that excess cleaning for ensuing guests is required, the expense for such cleaning will be deducted from the security deposit and/or collected as an additional payment as outlined above. Enforcement of excess cleaning charges will be at the sole discretion of Seattle Vacation Home and its housekeeping staff.
PROPERTY DAMAGE: Guest shall pay for maintenance, repairs and/or replacement for damage occurring to furnishings, fixtures, appliances, structures, or other property during their stay. Guests shall not move furniture from the position in which it is found. Guests are expected to notify Seattle Vacation Home within three hours of arrival of any pre-existing damage to property encountered upon arrival at the home. In the event that property damage takes place, the expense for repair or replacement (at discretion of Seattle Vacation Home) will be deducted from the security deposit and/or collected as an additional payment as outlined above. In the event that damage renders the Property in a condition that it cannot be rented as a high-end furnished rental for any length of time after Guest vacates the property, Guest will be liable for full reimbursement of lost rental income. Enforcement of damage collection will be at the sole discretion of Seattle Vacation Home and its staff.
NOISE: This home is situated in a family friendly residential neighborhood. It is not a suitable venue to host social gatherings beyond the agreed upon occupancy of the home. At all hours, outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum and indoor noise shall be such that it cannot be heard in adjacent homes or outside the home. “Quiet hours” are defined as 24 hours per day. The Guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding residents. The Guest shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disrupt or annoy the surrounding residents. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Guest shall then immediately vacate the premises. Determination of appropriate noise levels will be at the sole discretion of Seattle Vacation Home.
CHECK-IN: The period of occupancy shall begin at 4pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties.
CHECK-OUT: The period of occupancy shall conclude by 11am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties. By the time of check-out, the premises shall be vacated by Guest, with all of Guest’s personal property removed.
OUTAGES: We occasionally experience outages (of Internet, water, cable, gas, electric, etc.) that are beyond our control. Please report any outages to Seattle Vacation Home. We report outages to the relevant service provider and seek resolution as quickly as feasible. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
PRIVATE PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access the “hosts’ closets,” even if unlocked. Such storage areas may contain household goods, personal articles, cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
ENFORCEMENT: Guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Seattle Vacation Home enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
FORUM SELECTION: The parties agree that all actions or proceedings arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State and Federal courts located in the County of King, State of Washington. The aforementioned choice of venue is intended by the parties to be mandatory and not permissive in nature, thereby precluding the possibility of litigation between the parties with respect to or arising out of these Terms and Conditions in any jurisdiction other than that specified in this paragraph. Each party hereby waives any right it may have to assert the doctrine of forum non conveniens or similar doctrine or to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this paragraph, and stipulates that the State and Federal courts located in the County of King, State of Washington shall have in personam jurisdiction and venue over each of them for the purpose of litigating any dispute, controversy, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement.